Everything Important Announced At Blizzcon 2017
Posted by jEX on
Blizzcon 2017 has begun and at the opening ceremony today Blizzard made the following announcements:
Heroes of the Storm
- Two new playable heroes: Hanzo from Overwatch and Alexstrasza from World of Warcraft
- Revamped gameplay: new camera control, laning improvements, stealth rework, evolved battleground mechanics.
- Performance based match-making and voice chat.
- New expansion called Hearthstone: Kobolds and Catacombs
- New single-player “rogue-like” mode called “dungeon run” where you go through dungeons, fight bosses, and earn cards.
- The game is going free-to-play on November 14th. Everyone will get the Wings of Liberty campaign for free. If you already own Wings of Liberty you will get Heart of the Swarm for free. Still have to pay for Legacy of the Void.
- New support character named Moira (see character origin video here)
- New hybrid map called Blizzard World based on the idea of a Blizzard theme park.
- Classic Wow: An option to play on Vanilla servers is in the works.
- The seventh expansion “Battle for Azeroth” featuring two new continents (Kul Tiras and Zandalar), level cap raised to 120, and “allied races”, which are variations on the original races that you can unlock and change into (think Dwarves and Dark Iron Dwarves, elves and void elves, ect.)
- A form of level scaling (like in Legion) applied to the whole game. Will be some structure still, as they don’t want lowbie zones like Westfall being end game content, so it’ll probably be like vanilla zones 1-60, expansion zones 70-90, and such.
- Warfronts and islands: New end game content that seems like enhanced versions of Garrisons and Scenarios.
- The games opening cinematic was revealed.
- Get the badass official Battle for Azeroth wallpaper.
- Nothing announced. 😔