Sign in to follow this  
blue_cat

Coming back

Good to finally see the site back online. Thanks for setting everything up, Jex.

I first joined TRD back in 2006 or 2007. Then joined Xenotheoria and was pretty active on there until it closed. Met a lot of awesome people through those sites and having the outlet was really good for me as a teenager.

Like most of the people on the old TRD, I joined up because of my interest in Columbine, but also (hopefully) like most others on there, I've since grown up.

I'm originally from the states, but moved to Japan almost as soon as I finished high school at 18. I currently work as a software engineer and designer.

I don't really have any hardcore political stances anymore. I went through periods of being both extremely left-wing and extremely right-wing, read a lot of literature on both sides and settled somewhere in the middle. I'd best be described as a libertarian.

Good to be back!

Welcome back, and thanks for the words of appreciation. I'm sorry it took so long to get it back up, but I do intend to keep this one up for good this time. I'm glad the site was helpful for you in the past. Hopefully this new one can grow into something badass as well.

That's really cool that you moved to Japan. That's easily the most interesting non-Western country to me. I have a lot of respect for the Japanese people and their culture. How did they feel about a gaijin moving there lol?  Also, how were you able to make the move at only 18? That's seems like it must have been crazy intimidating.

On 1/28/2017 at 10:22 PM, jEX said:

how were you able to make the move at only 18? That's seems like it must have been crazy intimidating.

It wasn't that bad, actually. I had saved up a bunch of money from running a web design / internet marketing business in high school. I hated school and wasn't going to college, so I took a short break from work to travel overseas. Went to a bunch of different countries and then settled on Japan. It's probably my favorite country, and I much prefer the culture to America or Europe.

On 1/28/2017 at 10:22 PM, jEX said:

How did they feel about a gaijin moving there lol?

Haha. It's interesting because Japan was the first place I'd ever been where I really felt like an outsider. The only countries I'd been to before Japan were the US and the UK. That was  a really good experience to have, even if it was kind of uncomfortable in the beginning. Ironically, I also felt much more "at-home" here than I ever felt in the states.

Japanese people are super accommodating and helpful, especially if you show an interest in their culture and make an effort to learn and integrate. I'll always be an outsider to some extent, but my Japanese is decent by now and I fit in just fine.

Dirty fucking weeb. =D

Welcome home.

I missed this place.