Sign in to follow this  
blue_cat

Death Stranding

Anyone else looking forward to Death Stranding?

I'm a pretty big fan of Hideo Kojima and how he's consistently tried to blur the boundaries between film and video games. Playing Metal Gear Solid 1 for PSX as a kid was a big deal for me. Reshaped how I thought about gaming as art. I'm mostly into story-driven games with rich worlds or complex characters.

Now that Kojima has finally split from Konami, it will be cool to see what he does.

I don't own a PS4 yet, but considering buying one to play this when it's released...

Metal Gear Solid 1 will always be my favorite game of all time. Kojima is God to me. "Death Stranding" looks to be another amazing game. I'm glad that he's able to create something new outside of Metal Gear. The trailer with Mads Mikkelsen was especially awesome. I loved the 80s style synth music in it. 

I bought a PS4 to play Metal Gear Solid 5, although I have mixed feelings about that one. The gameplay is the best it has ever been in the series, but the cinematic storytelling really took a back seat. I haven't even finished it yet because of this. I'd be curious to know your thoughts on it if you've played it.